Labor on

Go to work...get a job...a little hard work never killed anybody.


These are the phrases I have heard all my life from my parents and others concerning the work ethic. Maybe this is why I have been fortunate enough never to be unemployed. I heard these words literally thousands of times!

Admittedly, for most of my life I have been self-employed. I find it very difficult to work for "da man". A chip of the old block (thanks Jack). Out of 3 boys in my family, only one works for "corporate". Just like our Father and our Mother, we make our own jobs....we are lucky...we know it and appreciate it. In the process, we create jobs for others. That is part of the deal...pay it forward.

The purpose for this post is really not about me, but to say to you...if you are unemployed, under-employed, or have just given up, there is hope for you to make your dream into your destiny. Do what you love, love what you do, and find a way to do it. (Microsoft was started during a recession and Apple was started in a garage) There is always a way if you persist long and hard enough...really. And remember, poor is a state of mind...temporary lack of funds is just that...temporary.

I will be working today...and I am glad to have to opportunity.

Best/DT

Comments

Popular Posts