Recent sightings in NYC

As many of you know, I have just returned from a brief trip to NYC...the land of my youth.  Some things were exactly the same, but so much was REALLY different. 




Many friends have told me that Manhattan has turned into a Disney theme park for tourists, so I headed to neighborhoods that I felt would be somewhat untouched...Carnegie Hill...West Village...Madison Ave....you get the idea.




Soho has turned into an outdoor mall (I remember when it was only the first block or two of West Broadway)!  And back then NO ONE went to the East Village...for anything.  And Brooklyn...well...need I say more.

The moral to this story is that everything is in a constant state of change...sometime better...sometimes worse...but always changing.  After 5 days of the madness and wonder that is NYC, I was thankful for the relative peace offered here in Raleigh!  Now I see why so many want to move here...city amenities with Southern charm.

FYI...the food at Phillipe Chow was amazing!  33 East 60th...well worth it...get the chicken satay in cream sauce to start....delish! 

Now to catch up!  xx/DT

Comments

Popular Posts