FIVE

Five years....sounds like a long time?


Opening doors for clients has become a HUGE part of my life.  When I transitioned out of interior decoration, it was a very scary time for real estate and the economy in general.  I have proved the naysayers wrong and made it despite the odds.  This is not to blow my own horn, but to say that if you want something bad enough and are willing to do the hard work you will succeed.

Five years at the Allen Tate Company...my first "corporate" experience in about 25 years.  You see, I do not do well working for "the man"....a bit too non-conformist.  Perhaps that is why the real estate business suits me so well.  I really do not work for a company, as I am considered (legally) an independent contractor.  Surely there are rules and regulations, but that is dictated by the Real Estate Commission, the local Board of Realtors, and a host of other agencies that I am a member of... for to be a Realtor is to be highly regulated.

I consider it an honor and a privilege to have a license to be in this business.  I often tell clients that you should have a team...an attorney,accountant,and a Realtor.  These are the pros that handle the majority of your funds in this life.  I also tell them you need a good doctor and a great hairdresser!

I wish for you all that you find whatever it is that makes you want to work constantly towards your dream....I did!  Remember, no child ever grew up and said, "I want to be a Realtor".  This life is a journey...just keep moving forward.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts