The state of things....

In our part of the South we are blessed to experience all four seasons.  It is typically during this time of transition that we "take care of things".  Spring cleaning is one term we all know....Summer "fun in the sun"...Fall "back to school"....you know the drill.



I always tend to use the change of seasons to take stock of where I am personally and professionally.  This is my chance to count my pennies and plan ahead for the winter.  You see, winter is normally when things get really quiet in the real estate business.  Last year was an exception, as it never slowed down for me!  Actually, this past July was my slowest in over a year.  This being an election year, I have no idea which way this fall/winter will play out.  Anyway you look at it roughly half of voters are going to happy and the other half disappointed.  

The good thing is that money is still cheap to borrow if you have a job and credit.  Houses are still cheaper than they have been in years.  Additionally, this part of North Carolina (the Triangle) has an economy that is based on government, education, technology, health care, and research and development.  These factors have helped our market stay somewhat more stable than most.  Combine this with a four season mild climate and you have a great place to live, work, and play.

So to my buyers and sellers I would say hold tight, let's get past this election, and see where this new season takes us.  I promise to keep you informed every step of the way, so hang in there with me as we roll into a brand new season!

Comments

Popular Posts