Vintage is cool...the Studio years.

I admit it...I am vintage.  Younger friends are always asking me to relive the stories of my days at Studio 54, Max's. CBGB, The Mudd Club, Flamingo, etc.  I was a club kid!  Never in my wildest psychedelic dreams did I expect to be.....over 50!  I am surely in the crowd below...



My college friend Michael Kors was the first to introduce me to 54, and after that I became on a first name basis with Steve...the doorman.  MK had instructed me on how to work him and he was right (as always).  I always have to do a silent eye roll when I see those watches and handbags....everywhere!   Good for him.  He used to be a nice kid from Long Island (Merrick) that befriended a Southern boy lost in the big city.  New York in the seventies was not the Disneyland it is now, it was rather scary and dangerous.  I just did not the good sense to be scared, because when you are young you think you will live forever.  My motto was always die young die pretty.  I think that was a lyric from a song.  I digress.




Now I am a bonafide relic of another era, but one that is determined to remain as current as possible.  Surrounding yourself with bright young pretty people is very helpful towards that end. I keep promising to write a book about those days...what I can remember anyway!  

In the end, I will have no lack or memories or regrets...except maybe that Holiday break trip to Beverly Hills with MK that my Mother would not allow.  Missed opportunity!  

xx.DT 

Comments

  1. I'm surprised I didn't run into you back then. I had a lot of fun. It is amazing that I have any brain cells left.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts