The Pope has really done it now!

   

"If someone had told me I'd be Pope one day, I'd have studied harder."

Pope John Paul I...1912-1978

Well...the Pope has done it now....we are going to have a conclave.  All the cardinals will descend on Vatican City and spend what could be many weeks choosing a new Pope.  I am sure the guy has his reasons, as being Pope is alot of responsibility for an old man.  Maybe this time we will get a hipster Pope with new ideas about how to fill all those parish churches with young people, while not offending the older crowd.  Maybe they can take a few ideas from that movie...Sister Act?


Please note that I am using the universal "we", as I am not Catholic but Catholic light....Episcopalian.

Whatever happens it will be historic to say the least...only the second time a living Pope has stepped down from his appointed post.  


I wonder if he gets to keep the jewelry and the custom red Prada shoes?  Best of luck to my Catholic friends, as this should be quite the nail biter!

Watch for the smoke signals from the Vatican!  

Best of luck to my Catholic friends.  xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts