Clutter or Comfort?

Clutter or comfort...it's really all about your perspective.  I love having lots of my favorite things around me at home and my office.  What some would consider clutter, these things give me a sense of comfort.  Lamps, loads of art, books, and keepsakes from family and friends help me to feel connected.  

I understand the minimal modernist approach and love it for others, but for me I cannot imagine living that way.  One misconception is that all my stuff relates to being unorganized.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  When you live with lots of things you must be hyper organized.  I can always tell if one thing has been moved.  Such is my OCD!

Whichever way you choose to live and decorate must be totally you!  Don't let the trends of the moment dictate your style...embrace your own look.  As long as you surround yourself with things you love it will always work.

xx.DT

Comments

  1. I agree with with. I must have things my way at home with my decoration, even when I love to have the opinión of a professional if I have questions. But the final touch, must be mine.
    I like to have my special things around me, otherwise I will not remember them as I would like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the old saying...one man's trash is another man's treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts