Disconnect?

As a young child growing up in the rural South, I was taught that in polite society one did not discuss one's political views in public, sex as a topic was taboo (you did not even utter the word), and we certainly never discussed any topics considered controversial...this was for the liberal media.  We only got 3 TV stations!  

I am quite concerned that everyone seems to have an opinion on everything these days, and will go to great lengths to find ways of sharing it.  

Maybe what my Mother used to teach me still holds true today...if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.  This is tough to do I will agree, especially when it hits "home".  Being connected as a society is great and awful at the same time, yet how does one disconnect and stay relevant?  If you can answer that I will gladly try it!

Disconnect?  Then what?

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts