Home

Home.  One simple word, yet so very complicated.  What does it mean to you?  Is it just a place where you eat, sleep, and watch TV?  Is it your escape from the outside world?  Perhaps it is an ongoing experiment of your creative journey?  For me it is all of these things and more.

Southerners by their very nature tend to be "house proud".  This really has nothing to do with your net worth, but everything to do with your personal style and pride of place.  I encounter both types of individuals in my line of work as a Realtor and as a designer.  I typically get clients who want to be house proud, but really don't know how or where to start.  An empty house can be frightening to a novice, just as the blank page is a writer.  




Creating a home takes time, love, and dedication to the decorative cause.  A true home tells a story about it's inhabitant...a very personal story at that.  I love it when I go to a listing appointment and can feel the love it's owners have lavished on the home.  Just as life is a journey, so is your home.


So you may just be the "give me a bed and a TV" kind of person, or you may be house proud, or even somewhere in between (this is typically what I see).  We all have super busy lives, but home can and should be the place we can stop the madness. 

Whether you live in a bungalow, city apartment, or a grand estate, make it yours...make it home.


As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts