The Art of the Buffet

Let's face it, very few of us have the time or energy to put together formal dinners without either an all day effort or a staff or both.  The buffet has become my entertaining method of choice by necessity!  Plus I really like the fact that I don't have to pull out all the china and do creative place settings, but can still use my silver serving pieces and do a super nice tablescape.  I rarely do themes, but if the occasion calls for it I rise to the challenge with the help of a great florist and a really good caterer!



I though today I would share some neat ideas I have been collecting for the buffet table.  Always end the line with the silverware display.  Balance is key when working a buffet line!






I like to do "stations"....appetizers, a drinks table (always the most popular spot), the main course, and a desert table.  This way guests can mill about and pick and choose, plus they have the advantage of not looking like they are juggling dishes (or being piggish)!

From baby showers to box lunch lunches...

....the buffet is the way the go!

Comments

Popular Posts