Vanilla with sprinkles

I know I know....I promised color...a GRAND THEME!  I really tried to make myself commit to a "look" for the new design space, but in the end I succumbed to vanilla.  All shades from the whitest of white trim and built-ins to a wonderful ivory/grey grasscloth to a fabulous camel velvet for the sofa.  

Below I am sharing a few of my inspirations from my Pinterest idea board.  I knew this would come in handy one day...and everyone thought I was just wasting time pinning!  Actually it does calm the nerves during the course of a hectic day.




The sprinkles you ask?  These will come with wonderful silk pillows, all the lovely trims, art, porcelains, books, and certainly flowers.  This space will continually evolve, so I do not expect to always be "vanilla with sprinkles".  You must agree that rooms are like a classic home...they must have good bones.  The bones will remain intact such as the marble floor, white built-ins and trim, well thought out millwork, lovely doors and hardware, etc. 

 There will  be the things I love...a touch of leopard, a touch of black, chinoiserie, antique case goods and chairs, comfortable upholstery,  good wallpaper, wonderful lamps, gilded mirrors, vintage silver boxes, and always books!






This is all just beginning.  The back offices are coming right along, but this "front parlor" will take a bit more time.  All good things come to those who wait...for the best!  

Everyone loves vanilla!  

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. Love the oriental black laquer screen, the touch of chinoiserie, the camel back sofa, and the puddled drape. You may have buyers for your parlor furnishings! Please bring back the grande scale of the luscious treasures reminiscent from National Art Interiors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts