Check this out!

Yesterday, I posted a random picture on one of the many FB pages I manage...yes...I manage all my own social media.  It was of a wing chair covered in a black and cream gingham check.  Today, I opened up my Pinterest and Tumblr accounts and see multiple pics of black/white checks.  I was floored!  Could it be possible that way down below the Mason/Dixon line I can sniff the rarified air that is what Madison Ave. would call a "trend"?


Frankly, I don't give myself that much credit.  I just know what I have a feeling for and to go with my gut.  It's a funny thing though, because all through the weekend I could not get this fabric in my head out of my head.  On Sunday afternoon, after much web browsing and going through all of my designer resources, I found it...the one!  A silk gingham 3 1/2" check for the drapes in the new design room.  I ordered it immediately from some little place I had never heard of in the middle of nowhere.  



I think it will be perfect with Pantone's color of the year...radiant orchid, as well as all the other colors, patterns, florals, and wonderful antiques we are bringing in (as I write) for DT HOME.  


Gut...don't fail me now!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts