@homewithdt...officially open!

Anyone who follows me on FB or Instagram (I was forced into it) knows the opening party of @homewithdt was a super fun and successful affair.  If you missed out it was your own fault!

Kudos to Jennifer Boles and Angela Tripp Patrick for making what was basically a 24 hour trip to Raleigh, Joey Kue and crew for making the space presentable and keeping it that way, Holly Dail for the great logo and photos, and Aubrey Palmer for making sure everyone and everything got paid for, did the food and beverage shopping, mixed the drinks, plus handled all the proceeds (control freak)!
Foo...our mascot!
The De Gournay Room...arrived in the nick of time from London!
Graybill and Downs candles were a big hit!



The room before....
JB wore the leopard tights just for me!
JB hard at work!

I was so moved by the number of ladies that traveled for hours to cheer me on in this new venture.  Many of these ladies were friends of my departed Mother and have known me for longer than I care to admit (for all our sakes).  It just goes to show what good maintenance and a youthful spirit can do (plus a good doctor does not hurt).







What a great crowd...friends old and new...press...clients...a great mix!

The food, the flowers, the room, the DT champagne cocktail...all were very well received.  So much so that a few days later I had a call for a "private" appointment that basically wiped out my initial inventory.  Not to fear dear ones,  I have a shipment of antiques coming tomorrow, paintings and watercolors from Europe coming next week, and 19th century prints coming in about 4 days....DT has learned to always have a plan B at the ready! 

 The Chambord was a big hit to top off the Vodka, Champagne, and OJ/sparkling water mix....the DT cocktail!  The food was ALL very Southern...served on good silver of course!

The great thing is that everyone had a super time, the "gals" made it back to Atlanta safe and sound, and Joey and Co. has "taken to the bed" for the weekend.  

All is good in DT world...thanks to the kindness of others.  MUAH!!!

As always....xx.DT  

Comments

  1. stunning celebration! love your glasses.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I probably have 50 pair...mostly from eyebobs. Cheap and cheerful and I can change them with my mood and wardrobe without any quilt! xx.DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts