It's All About the Details Doll!


On Thursday two of my "best girls", Angela Tripp Patrick and Jennifer Boles are coming to town!  I must tell you that yesterday (and I am sure today as well) there was an entire crew of people (literally) working from early morning until well into the late evening hours. Hanging, polishing, cleaning, organizing, more polishing, move this, move that...you get the drift.  Many thanks to the crew from Bender Construction, Joey Kue and Cooper, Kelly Anthony, and anyone else that was in the midst of the confusion  (I hope you got food).


As I watched and sometimes tried to participate in the activity, it dawned on me how lucky I am to be loved by all these people!  You see, many of these people are not being paid nearly enough to endure this type of pressure.  This venture...back into my old life of interior decoration has been something of a homecoming.  Vendors from sales reps, painters, my dear paper hanger Alvin, my upholstery man Arnold, and my new drapery guru (I owned my own workroom prior) Ralph Townes have all welcomed me back most great enthusiasm!  Now if my clients welcome me back we will be set!  


The difference this time is that I have set up a design showroom as opposed to a workroom. Basically it is a room...just like if you were walking into a room in a house...a rather grand house even if I say so myself.  FYI, it is ALL for sale!

The doors open this Thursday, but the highlight for me will be having all my loving friends and clients (old and new), those that have toiled so hard, my "girls" from all over, and the sense of peace that this phase is done.  Next up...go to work.


Come by if you can and celebrate with us!  At Home with DT....203 East Whitaker Mill Rd. in Raleigh's Five Points.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts