Special Occasions

Special occasions...to me that could mean anything from a day at home alone watching reruns and old movies to a full scale all out party complete with caterers and a band.  Typically for me they fall somewhere in between.


My next special occasion will be a book signing for a friend and inspiration Jennifer Boles, whose new book, "In With the Old...Classic Decorating From A to Z" is getting rave reviews across the country from readers and the press.  Only a really good friends would make the trip to Raleigh NC to help little old me kick off a new division of my business.  I cannot thank these gals enough!


Jennifer (or JB as I call her) first came into my world via an "old" friend of mine via our mothers... Angela Tripp Patrick.  Our mothers were both clothes horses, and Angela's mother Terry was not a person you forgot once you met her...neither is Angela.  Can you say BIG PERSONALITY?  FYI...Angela is the blond diva you may see when you open the big black doors at the Ainsworth Noah showroom in ADAC.  I think she runs the place quite frankly (shhh?).  She has graciously agreed to bring us all the latest from De Gournay...quite the coup for Raleigh!



The idea of "special" when treating guests is very important, so the ladies will be whisked from the airport straight to the salon for a shampoo and blow-out (Mark Christopher Salon has graciously volunteered their services) before facing the public.  At 4pm sharp it is back in the car, to the hotel, a costume change, and then a 5 to 8 champagne reception for more chatting and signing.  We will conclude the evening with a lovely light French bistro dinner.  The next morning a car service will take the ladies back to the airport for the return trip to Atlanta!  Whew!


Save the date, book your room, let me know if you are coming and how many books to save (I am afraid I don't have enough)!  

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts