THE BLUES

Yep...I have got a case of the blues...in decorating!  I have always collected and loved my blue and white porcelain, always have multiple navy blazers, sweaters, and Sperry's in the closet, and a touch of blue and camel leopard cut velvet has been living on my sofa for a few years.

This year is a bit different.  I am starting to be drawn to new colorways of old classics such as Le Lac on chintz in BLUE!  Who would have ever thought I would deviate from my favorite print of all time!  Admittedly I was skeptical at first, but once the large sample arrive I became a believer!  Here it is below...
 I have this in the classic colorway in my kitchen as a tailored balloon shade, but I am seriously trying to decide how to use a bit of it in the showroom remix for Fall 2014.  I know...why do such a traditionally Spring color combo for your Fall showroom?  Why not!  When it is freezing outside it will be a welcome reminder that Spring is on the way. Plus good design is seasonless...right?  Another B&F classic I will be using for our remix is Les Touches in Navy on White.  I am doing this on a pair a vintage caned back French armchairs painted a slightly distressed white and piping it all in a navy cord.
Also being redone is a period French gilded settee that I am doing in a solid navy linen.  Maybe two big Le Lac pillows?  HMMM?  I will certainly be be shading this antique lamp that just arrived from auction...navy...white...black?
And there always have to be a bit of animal in every room, so this 19th century piece will be refurbished in this Gros Point Leopard from Lee Jofa.  

As you can see this old gal needs some love.  It's a good thing that Arnold is a miracle worker with a bit of fabric and a good frame! 

Combined with a bloody ton of antiques, some new pieces to add some "glitz", loads of art of all descriptions, the remix should be very exciting!  I hope you will check it out in person or very soon on-line with it's won E-commerce site.  Yes...we have finally found the right person to load and manage that part of the puzzle.  If I could only clone a few people....

As always....xx.DT





Comments

Popular Posts