PROJECT 2818 FOWLER

Our weekly update on Project 2818 Fowler is ready....as promised.  The developer/investor Mike of Fox Creek Investments LLC has been very busy this week.  After my first visit to the site since the demo and all I could say was, "what happened to the house?"  We are down to the studs and there are at least 10 men working at any given point in time.  Mike knows how to run a job site...neat and tidy...and efficient!  By the end of the day today the shape of the "new house" will be in place!  We already have an exterior color scheme in mind....a creamy dreamy exterior with these oatmeal shutters...yum!
This week was all about windows, doors, and lighting.  Below are a few of our selections.  Getting Mike (who is a Modernist at heart) into a colonial revival style redo has taken some coaxing, but he is a very quick study.  The law degree doesn't hurt!  I guess if you can pass the bar and be licensed to practice in three states then building a house is pretty simple stuff.

We agreed on the door.  I am not much for stained doors, but I may concede on this one (BIG maybe). And ladies, I will have a shutter over the 3/4 glass for privacy.  This is an in-town neighborhood!
I am having quite the time getting the "brass thing" over to Mike, but he has trust and confidence in my opinion and taste level and progress is being made (bless his heart).  As long as I can show him a photo from my Pinterest board started for 2818 we are all good.  Here is a link: http://www.pinterest.com/DTandCO/2818/

Can you tell I am "beyond" about this project?  This is not a huge house and not a huge profit for either of us.  It is a labor of love, getting to know and develop a long lasting relationship with an honest, smart, and sincere client who is becoming a friend.  These are the type of people that I want to develop business relationships with...long lasting relationships with people you can trust to have your back, and I will have his....100%!

I have taken the liberty of ordering lighting!   A few key pieces have arrived from Visual Comfort...the Dining Room chandelier and sconces for above the fireplace.  I love the gilded finish and the simple "all American" shapes. Bathroom lighting is so hard to find (that is decent).  I found these via Robert Abbey. They will go on order ASAP.  This home will have 2.5 baths.  One for the master, one for the kiddies, and one for the guests.  To round it all out, I am thinking an antique chandelier I just ordered at 5 am this morning for the guest bath.
 

The gilded chandelier and sconces for the Dining Room, the chrome sconces (4) for the master, and one the of the bamboo framed fixtures over the mirror in the children's bathroom are going to be perfect!  The ca. 19th century bronze and crystal small chandelier will be just right amount of bling for our tiny powder room, once "Mr. Sam" puts his magic touch on it!

Yesterday we spent hours choosing door, base, and crown mouldings, door hardware, and discussed lots of
other upcoming details.  Mike means business...I like that. He listens well...I like that too. I like Mike!

FYI...we have a kitchen...space!
This will be closer to our finished look and color.  No...we are not doing another white kitchen, and our backsplash will be the same as our counter-top material.  I am pushing for quartz!
Stay tuned for next weeks installment of Project 2818!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts