THE MUDROOM...NOT JUST FOR MUD ANYMORE!

Have you noticed that even renovations these days include a mudroom?  Back in the day, we called it the utility room.  This was the room off the back door where you would shed your wet shoes, dirty clothes, hang the dog's leash...all the stuff you did not want in the kitchen.  

Today's mudrooms have a cubby for each family member, charging stations for all your electronic devices, hooks, shelves, cabinets and stone floors.  This is not your grandmother's back porch.  This is the modern day mudroom, an essential and expected room at almost any price point home!

Depending on the price point will determine just how luxurious this room becomes.  I have literally seen them with chandeliers and high-end designer wallpaper.  Very luxe!  One would expect that these type rooms see very little actual mud.

Most of the ones I encounter and advise on in a Realtor or decorator capacity tend to be of the serviceable variety.  I suppose it is my practical side coming out.  Imagine....I really do have a practical side!
Whichever way you decide works best for you...Mudroom/Utility/Laundry or Mudroom/Designer Back Entry....make sure to include one the next time you build or renovate.  I know I will, can you guess which direction I would take?

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts