NEXT STOP....MANHATTAN!


Whenever I tell someone I am going to New York that only means one thing...the island of Manhattan!  All of my hip friends extol the virtues of Brooklyn and now even Queens, but for me New York is that long skinny island jam packed and lively 24/7.  




As a creature of habit (Taurus), I have certain "must do" things each time I visit.  Bemelman's Bar for "one too many" starting around 5pm and continuing until the crowd or the conversation gets boring.  I must do Philippe Chow for lunch since La Goulue has been shuttered, and always Bergdorf, Cartier, and Tiffany for wedding and baby gifts!


Once I have the basics covered I revert to my college days and head downtown to the West Village.  For me there is nothing like a stroll through the leafy side streets of the village to put things in perspective...a walk down memory lane if you will.  Memory Lane is quickly becoming a shopping mall just like what happened to Soho and Chelsea.  Very sad.  The one place I can always feel right at home is Madison Ave. in Carnegie Hill. First Sarabeth's then over to Fifth for the Met (where I could spend days) followed by a stroll along the park.




This is my New York.  Thanksgiving lunch at Swifty's with my gal pal ATP...see ya there?

As always...xx.DT


Comments

  1. Hey DT -- Let's meet during your visit to Manhattan! I'm sure we have much to talk about! Just this weekend I visited at least half of your favorites during an unexpected weekend in the city away from Darlington. Reggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reggie...contact me at dt@dtandcompany.com We simply MUST meet! xx.DT

      Delete
  2. Now, here I am commenting on my home computer - so you'll know it is really me. Do give me a shout when you come to NYC as it would be fun to meet in person! You can find my email address on my contact information on my blog. I've looked for yours but can't find it -- otherwise I'd email you! Reggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dt@dtandcompany.com or danny.taylor.sells@gmail.com

      When you have your email plastered on signs all over half the state, Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com...who cares who sees it...I have a great IT guy! I am so looking forward to our meeting finally! xx.DT

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts