MY NEW BLUE FRONT DOOR

Has anyone else noticed all the front doors being painted blue lately?  Every shade from the deepest navy to the palest blue have been spotted by this Realtor!

Based on this observation, I decided to do a little experiment of my own with a willing client.  They owned a lovely home which had nothing but great feedback but no offers. There was absolutely no logical reason this house was not selling!  I asked them to take it off the market for 24 hours, let me paint the front door a lovely shade of blue, do a new lead photo featuring the front door, the take it back active.  They trusted me and were under contract within the week!
About a year ago, an investor purchased a very sad old house on one of the best streets in Raleigh (from me of course).  I helped his project manager every step of the way with the renovations.  We painted the old brick a lovely pale creamy color...like clotted cream.  The investor wanted to stain the front door (uh...no). I insisted on a blue door and matching shutters.  Keep in mind the side of this house was 10 feet from a very busy road PLUS it was only a 2 bedroom / 1 bath...but fully renovated with very well done large living spaces, a basement, lovely outbuilding, privacy fence, and a walk-up attic.  I knew my client would be a single lady.  It was.
The project manager went over after work one day to put a huge blue X on the front door for me.  X marks the spot and ruins a door for stain!  He no longer works for this particular investor...he now works for about four of my wiser investors.
The house sold in a week.  Blue door.
The moral here...if your home is on the market and lingering...ask your Realtor about painting the front door...or call an expert...DT.

As always...xx.dt

Comments

  1. My favorite blue for a front door is Benjamin Moore's "Hail Navy" in high gloss! Works every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts