Reflections 0n Easter's Past

I admit it!  Easter for me was all about new clothes and chocolate.  I mean...this is THE BEST holiday!  Plus, your Mom buys you these tiny flowers to wear on your lapel to church.  Does it get any better than this?
Yes.  As an adult, I actually came to internalize and understand the true meaning and significance of Easter, the Cross, the Resurrection, and the greatest gift ever bestowed on me personally...my salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Not every Christian believing person takes Holy Week too seriously.  For many it is a time to open the beach house, bring out the boat, wear white (and not feel quilty), and change over to their spring handbag!  That's okay...we all have our own journey.  For me, this is the most Holy day of the year...barr none.

Oh...we still do brunch and fret over what tie and pocket square to wear, but at the end of the day it is all about going inward, coming out, and hopefully having a new heart.
Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all my many friends!

As always...xx.dt

Comments

  1. Lovely.
    I hope your Easter was happy in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts