HELLO AGAIN...IT'S ME...DT

A dear friend and frequent reader mentioned to me this week that I had not written a new blog in some time.  She went on to say that she expected one on Mother's Day and...nothing.  The truth is I have attempted to write several times recently. After the first few lines I realized it all sounded very negative. Upon explaining to my friend that I refuse to publish negative thoughts and energy she agreed...just wait it out.

It has been a very long month of difficult transactions with difficult people. I have emerged on the other side relatively unscathed, my physical and mental health is returning, and my positive energy is begining to flow once again!  I have learned one important thing.  Greed, gossip, and people who are (in my father's words) educated beyond their level of intelligence can be very dangerous.  When the three are combined it is a recipe for attorneys to make major bank.

These are my take aways:

-Eyes wide open all the time.

-Always read between the lines.

-Never give an inch to someone who flatters a bit too much.

-When the floor falls out from under your feet have your parachute ready at all times.

With that said, we will resume our regular programming next week about the the world of interior decoration, fine homes, musings on life, and whatever hits me at the crack of dawn!

In the meantime...let them eat cake!


as always...xx.DT


Comments

  1. Hmmmm...What I learned from a messy divorce with eyes wide open helped me to work through an estate property resolution. During the estate negotiations a close companion was constantly reminding "they" are not your best friend. BTW...nice Midtown article and photo of the University Park cottage. Welcome back...glad you have moved on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me. Sorry about the "messy", but glad your BFF kept reminding you to keep your common sense in the front of your head! xxdt

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts