I'M STILL HERE!

As promised, I have taken the majority of the summer to reflect on my personal, health, and business issues.  Kind of like hitting the "reset" button!  Well, it seems to be working.  I highly advise any of you that are starting to feel disconnected from yourself, burned out, and basically have nothing left to give to just STOP.  Easier said than done...I know.
For me, once I stop...really stop...I can hear that very quiet small voice.  Some call it your gut, some God, some the universe, some instinct.  Whatever you call it...listen.  That little voice is always right doggone it!  

Many of you that know me personally know how I love to tell stories.  Well here goes.  

Last Friday (I will never forget) my "work wife" came to me with some news that was not horrible but not great.  As someone who is a workaholic, this is not acceptable for me!  I tend to take things and situations far too personally.  So...since I am a person of what I believe to be a strong faith, I composed myself in silence and simply called upon the name of Jesus.  I then forgot about the issue and went along with the business of the day.

Once I arrived at home, within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door.  One of my best agents arrived to tell me he had a very good CASH offer on a property we had co-listed together.  Within 5 minutes of that came another knock at my door.  A dear friend and agent that had promised me a referral fee many months ago arrived with a substancial check. It was like seeing an angel.  Later, a new client called and wanted to buy a house the next day for an investment, renovation, and relist...with me being the designer.  Yet another listing had an offer come in, my "star" agent puts yet another home under contract, PLUS this week I am prepping a high profile listing that is going to be off the charts.

That was all so very good BUT the best is yet to come!  That small voice kept telling me something else...something that has been keeping me awake at night for many years.  Simply place an ad in my hometown paper in order to sell some commercial property. Property which I have tried to sell for many years...just try an ad! The first day the ad ran (yesterday) I had two very interested parties call.  I feel quite certain that one of these is my buyer.  Thanks be to God!
The moral here is this.  Be kind...give all you can of yourself...be a good steward...and most important...listen for that small voice.  It will NEVER steer you wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts