YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS....

Several years ago when I worked for a corporate firm, our postman would always look at me with the oddest expression.  I never thought much of it until one day he asked me if I knew who he was.  I did not.  It had been...let's just say...a long time since we had last seen each other...as children.
Robin
Then something really odd happened.  He asked if he could speak to me in private...right then...he needed to talk.  You see, he had been a bully in school...more likely a part of the crowd.  I was an easy target...the only obviously gay kid since kindergarden!  That day changed my perspective.  Robin Kinlaw apologized...sincerely...to me...Danny Taylor...the gay kid...right there in the lobby of a large office building.  He wanted me to know that he was sincerely sorry for his part in tormenting me for most of my school years.  I accepted his apology and believed it to be honest and heart felt.

The link to the story is below.

http://abc11.com/289827/

The link for the Carolina Cliffhangers is below.
http://www.cffchallengers.com/index.html

 This morning another school friend from many years ago sent me a clip of Robin's children and their football team.  This is just not any team.  This team is just for kids with issues...all types of issues that make them different.  His son Trevor is running and playing when at one time he would not even touch grass.  His daughter is in a wheelchair with pom-poms and a cheerleader outfit cheering him on.  I cannot even fathom the work these parents go through on a daily basis.
Bill
Now it comes full circle. Now it makes perfect sense.  Robin had an epiphany of sorts I imagine.  We are not all created alike, but that does not make us bad or to be pitied, it just makes us different.  It took Robin alot of guts to introduce himself, then apologize for something that happened decades ago.  It took alot for me to let go of the anger I had held onto for decades in the twinkling of an eye.  It was instant and magical.

Sometimes that is how things work.  Never assume you know the motivation of another until you have all the facts.  Now I have all the facts thanks to Bill.  God bless Robin and his family.


As always...xx.dt

Comments

Popular Posts