SOCIAL MEDIA AND THE COLD CALL

The young lady on the other end of the line sounded perky and nice....a cold call.  My first reaction is typically "I am not interested" in a terse voice then hang up mid sentence.  Something about this gal intrigued me to carry on the conversation.



She proceeded to tell me her company could really do wonders for my social media presence on FB, IG, Pinterest, etc.  Then she asked me who was doing it now?  When I answered that I was she was a bit taken aback.  "How do you have time" she asked.  "I make time every morning" was my reply.  

She kept giving me her scripted sales pitch...then I stopped her.

Have you been on any of my pages, sites, or read any of the posts or replies? Have you looked to see who is following me?  Dead silence. I heard the clicking of keys and then knew she was doing her due diligence.

The moral of this story....she offered me a job.

Whatever you do make sure to do it well and consistently.  Eventually people will notice.

As always....xx.dt

Comments

  1. I can't stand it when someone pitches me a story or a service for my blog when it's clear they've never bothered to look at it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts