THE "NEW" PRETTY...IN DECORATING!

After so many years of rooms the color of "swamp water", I am so ready for color!  Austere rooms with no history or layering just make me want to run. 

Call me old school, but I prefer rooms layered with beautiful chintzs, cut velvets, good wallpaper, a nice mix of antiques (English and French), well framed engravings and paintings, and lots of books...and dogs!  Oh...and beautiful drapery...pillows...cozy...inviting.

Stan Topol...a master of the mix!

Ca.1810...would you paint this beauty?

Scalamandre

Leta Austin Foster
The wonderful mix in the NYC bedroom of Joe Nye

Details...Leta Austin Foster
It warms my heart that to see my younger clientele asking for this type of home again.  It's funny...some will ask...is this too "Granny"?  Absolutely not!  It is a reinterpretation of the classics for a new generation.

So don't take your wonderful inherited antiques and have everything painted!  There is plenty of new inventory out there to mix in with the old to achieve a feeling a of history while keeping everything fresh and new. 

Join me as we continue this journey....I'm back!

xx.dt

Comments

  1. Finally...welcome back. I found it interesting when a nice and not too young couple walked into my house and said "you have real furniture."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts