O Christmas Tree....Flocked!

Since I was a child (hard to fathom), my dear mother ALWAYS had an artificial tree.  My first Christmas memory was of a silver foil tree with bright red balls on it (nothing else) and one of those spotlights going from green to red to blue to gold.  In her white and celadon living room ca. 1964 this was pure Christmas magic!





Mother always did favor a "theme" tree!  The absolute MOST awful year was the mauve and silver year...awful!  Then the magic appeared again.  It came in the form of an artificial (a really good one) flocked tree that looked like it had just been plucked from a snowy hillside.  Low branches went all the way to the floor and tapered up to 9 feet, which was a mess to keep tidy but looked great.  You could put anything on it and it turned out super.





I decided to collect some photos of various flocked trees that caught my eye this year.  As I have not done a tree in well over a decade and do not intend on starting back now, I will live out my memories though all of you.  Send pics of your trees!




 Enjoy these pics and dream of a white Christmas!


As always...xxdt

Comments

Popular Posts