MY HOSTA GARDEN...STARTING OVER

Starting over.  I am doing my very best to look at this as an opportunity rather than a loss. 

Last fall, my next door neighbor had a buried fuel oil tank overflow and spill a major amount of old oil into her yard and mine (downhill).  The effect was a total annihilation of my cherished hosta garden.  You see, our backyard is pretty much totally shaded by 100 plus year old oak trees.  We have only been successful with hosta, hydrangea, and English boxwood.  Our neighbor considers ivy as a decorative plant and tends to cultivate it...which I am constantly cutting and pulling at every opportunity.  


So now that it is almost planting time, I get to collect a new group of hosta for my garden.  This is bittersweet as many of the hosta I had came from my mother's garden, friends, and a grower who is now deceased.  Alas...we must move forward and consider this a new opportunity!

I have become my mother (most of you already knew that) and now take out my stress in the yard.  Unfortunately, I do not have a helper to do the heavy work as she did!  

So here's to new beginnings...in the garden!  

As always...xxdt

Comments

  1. I think you will be very pleased with the results of your hard work.
    Hosta Luego
    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts