A THANK YOU NOTE TO MY BROTHERS





My dear brothers,

It is with great sadness and heaviness of heart that I am writing to say goodbye. I wish you both nothing but the very best in this life and continually pray for you and your families.  

Thankfully, our parents are now with the communion of saints and not here to witness the acts you have brought to pass, all in the name of God.

As your oldest brother, I have done all in my power to help you both in your times of need as well as for your children. This was done out of love, not from a sense of responsibility. From helping decorate your homes to the purchase of a wedding trousseau, as well as so many other things neither of you had any clue of while our mother was alive, this is how you remember me.  Short memories are sad indeed.

By taking advantage of our father's failing capacities, not making sure he had proper medical attention, feeding him with untruths, and neglecting to simply pick up the phone was a great mistake on your part. I have said many prayers that God will forgive you both for taking advantage of an old man while throwing your brother under the bus,all for a few pieces of gold. 

Where this hate comes from I still cannot fathom, nevertheless, I must move on to save my own sanity. We were brought up to fight hate with love, to forgive, to be charitable to all. I can only assume we read a different scripture.

It is my fervent wish that you both get everything you ever wanted from this estate. Just remember that you once had a brother that loved you and your families. We are all now orphans in this world without a mother or father. 

Your feelings about me were made quite clear verbally and ultimately in writing, which I now accept. The vile language that was dictated by you in our father's last will and testament shook me to my core. Not due to any personal gain,as my God has provided for all my needs, but because of the hate filled wording of the document. It was meansprited. Know that what you meant for evil will be used for good by God, our father in Heaven.  

No longer will you have to think of me or should you. My dearest blood relations have passed through the the thin veil of this life and will be waiting for all of us on the other side. My prayer is that through the veil all is forgiven.

Thank you for letting me know exactly how you think of me and setting me free.

May the peace of the risen Christ always be with you.

As always...dt

Comments

  1. Excrutiating, the pain of this. Speechless. On Good Friday, no less. So proud that you have said to us, to the internet, to your brothers that no, you will not nail me to this cross of your own making, I will not hang there for you. Your brothers have no idea that their document of hate pinned them to their own cross. You said it best: they set you free. Sending extravagant love and best wishes to you Danny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your concern. The hurt is deep and so uncalled for. I still cannot get my mind wrapped around what has happened and am in therapy to attempt to gain a great understanding. xxdt

      Delete
    2. Many thanks for your concern. It is been a very tough year...but I survived! Thanks be to God.....xxdt

      Delete
  2. Oh, my, family can hurt to the quick. And they can turn olive branches into baseball bats. How gracefully you have accepted this painful turn of events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megs...I have tried to do my best to take the high road. The high road is an arduous road and difficult at times. Looking forward to the day when the hurt fades. xxdt

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts