AMERICA...BEAUTIFUL?

Let me begin by stating I am proud to be an American. The USA has long been viewed as the land of opportunity, a haven of freedom for the oppressed, and a democratic form of government where ALL people are considered equal.




That is not the reality. This is the only time in my 61 years that I am genuinely afraid of what may become of our beloved nation.





I have remained very quiet since the election of the current president. As I have intently watched every move that has been made by him and those around him, it has caused me to question just how much longer the American public will tolerate this totally egomaniacal, delusional, irrational, behavior.  The mean spirited rhetoric, the "fake news", the boldface untruths coming out of the White House, the self absorbed obsession with the media, the lack of diplomacy and self control of a twitter account?  My only comment is...amazed...and not in a positive way.  Such a total disrespect for the office he holds.  Am I the only one who see this I wonder? 

Oh...I know...the market is at an all time high!  Remember 1929?  Remember 2008?  My mother had a saying that rings so true today.  "No bird flies so high that it does not come down." I think of that phrase so often these days.

I initially gave this at least a year before civil unrest broke out.  It only took 8 months.  Charlottesville Va. 




My faith is of paramount importance to me.  The greatest commandment is to love your God with all your heart and the second is like unto it, to love your neighbor as yourself.  We cannot fight hate with hate, only love.  

Bottom line...we must have a leader that loves someone more than himself and his own press.

As always....xxdt 

Comments

  1. Did you just hear President Trump speak? What was wrong with this message? Please have an open mind to his message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do not understand the impact of his lack of leadership I cannot explain my thoughts in this venue. Best always/DT

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts