and the earth shook

I wonder how many people decided that yesterday afternoon would be a good time to start a conversation with God? "Dear God...I know we have not spoken in a while, but please do not swallow me up into the bowels of the earth right now. You see, I just bought these great new shoes I have not worn yet".
Seriously, I was at my desk on the phone and computer at the same time multi-tasking as usual (such is my plight) when I noticed that my wall full of artfully hung bric-a-brac starts to shimmy and shake. I never missed a beat with Mr. Buyer (he is looking at a million dollar house today), but I did slip into the conversation..."did you know we are having an earthquake?"

So today we start anew with wide eyed wonder that yes...the earth can shake on the East Coast...from Maine to Georgia. It seems that because this coast is more solid rock and the West Coast is cracked up, the tremors carry a further distance. Well...any fool could have told you the West Coast was cracked up...it is the land of fruit and nuts (according to my dearly departed Mother).

So the next time the "earth moves under your feet" it is more than an oldie from Carole King...for those youngun's reading this she was/is a famous singer/songwriter. Google it.

Peace out/DT

Comments

Popular Posts