fitness or fad....

Many of you know DT is addicted to social networking. I take comfort in the fact that I am not the only one that feels the need to post my every mood, food purchase, and life revelation. I have been noticing that many friends (real or virtual) have taken to posting on the Facebook....y'all know about the Facebook...their particular workout regimen.

I have noticed there seem to be two schools of thought at play (I use the term play with a slight wink)...Zumba and Bootcamp.

I understand Zumba to be something like what we used to call areobics. This calls for fast paced taped music and choreographed "dance" steps which when done properly will melt away pounds due to the amount of sweat you produce. I assume it also increases your heart rate, which with my blood pressure is surely a stroke waiting to happen....just sayin'.
The bootcamp (one word) is more strength training and cardio with the use of steel belted rubber bands, the throwing around of tires and such in order to remove the aforestated tire from the mid-section. This also involves alot a sweat and increased heart rate. DT prefers to watch the fellas at the tire shop throw tires around on his wagon once a year or so...exhausting!
Whatever your fitness style, kudos to you. I have done the trainer, weights, threadmill, you name it. So far I have not fallen victim to the latest fads of staying fit...which is why I will not be pictured from the neck down! I have been contemplating a nice walk in the evenings. It just seems to fit my personal style much better than dancing to the oldies or throwing tires around.

xx/DT

Comments

Popular Posts