the new black is so grey...

I know we are all "glistening" in the August heat, but Fall is just around the corner...and my mind is on what to wear! Everywhere I turn I am seeing gray...or grey...anyway you spell it this is the color of the season.

As many of your know, DT LOVES grey flannel. I swooned on a recent trip to the mall when to my surprise I happened upon a pair of grey flannel Sperry's! It was as if Heaven sent down the perfect shoe for DT. I am addicted to my Sperry's (almost as bad as my sweater addiction), so this was a must have.
The trick to wearing grey is to mix it up with a dash of color. I prefer a slice of Hermes orange, or perhaps a dash of powder blue...always keeping just enough white next to the face to lighten it up.
In the home, gray and yellow seems to be all over the place. A clever color scheme, but you certainly have to handle it with a liberal dose of cream to keep it from being dreary.

So keep an eye out for your grey/gray look for Fall...at home or on your back! xx/DT

Comments

Popular Posts