shop til you drop...literally

Readers...I have finally done it...shopped til I dropped! Although my shopping companion (Peggy) had one last solo trip left in her...

What a great visit to our old stomping grounds of Atlanta...specifically ITP (inside the Perimeter) as they call it there. Much like our ITB here in Raleigh, this is where the old neighborhoods, old growth trees (Atlanta is a tree city like Raleigh), and where some of the best shops and restaurants in town are (my opinion). Someone at a party Saturday asked where we shopped...my reply...name a store!
From Neiman's to Cartier...Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany, Club Monaco, Nordstrom and Saks...we did it all and made a haul. "Da Hubby" thought it would be nice if we sent the President a note telling him we were doing our best to stimulate the economy single handedly (we did have friend Peggy in tow)! But really...we only do this once a year and only buy things we really need....ahem...really need. It's all in good fun y'all!
My only regret is that we ran out of time and did not get a chance to do the Westside district (really, it was too hot...so we did the mall scene). From what I hear and read this is where all the up and coming independent shops and food are being located...oh well...there is always next year. But our next trip on the east coast is definitely NYC...it has been too long!

Now it is back to the business of real estate, liquidating my Ayden building and contents, and some decorating for a few clients. When I hear people speak of retirement I think to myself that most be the MOST boring thing ever...I hope to work 'til I drop...preferably during!

Best/DT



Comments

Popular Posts