favorite things...second edition

Favorite things are very personal and unique to each individual. Mine tend to be vintage or antique (kind of the way I feel some days). New technologies and stuff that "reeks" of new kinda scare me off!

There are exceptions to every rule. My newest fav is a HUGE gold watch (the gold has been discontinued) that I purchased online sight unseen by Nixon. I finally caved to the "BIG WATCH" trend. It has been fun to see the reactions of people I know when they encouter it. I am sure it will be retired for awhile once my vintage Santos is out of the Cartier hospital.


My other new favorite thing is much less materialistic, and much more important. I have discovered that giving makes me VERY happy! I give in many ways...church, soup kitchens, children and animal charities....find your own way to give. Even a little will make a HUGE difference to someone. I used to think I could not afford to give, but have learned that I cannot afford NOT to give.


https://donate.aspca.org/Donate/Donations/TN/Guardian_TN_C.aspx?PlacementID=2767237&utm_source=2011TrueNorth_ss&utm_medium=webbanner&utm_campaign=GooglePPC

The moral here...we all need to pamper ourselves with earthly treats, but spread it around to those less fortunate that are TRULY needy...you will be richly blessed. This is what I call Thanksgiving in action.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts