A proper bar

Having presided over many a cocktail gathering, I am here to tell you that a proper bar does not have to be a complicated affair of mixers or a myriad of elixirs to tempt the tastebuds of your guests. Leave all of that for a trip to your favorite lounge.


My typical set up is to grab a few silver trays. One will hold the liquor, and one will hold the usual mixers. Tray one is Whiskey, Vodka, Gin (and perhaps one other something if I know it is favorite of a guest). Tray two will hold Diet Coke, Tonic, Club Soda, (all in individual bottles...no liter sizes please!). Then a pitcher of OJ, one of Cranberry, and perhaps Bloody mix if it is an afternoon or tailgate type of thing. I also have on hand a domestic beer for "the boys", and white and red wines.

Also, make sure to have some limes, and a few small bowls (silver or horn is what I use) of "crunchies" with bev naps. I like to use linen ones I collect, unless it is a large gathering...then use a witty paper version.






And if you must...a bar cart. I have a lovely one in storage if you need one! Also, I no longer use decanters...lead crystal and all that...sold them all at auction this year. I do kind of regret it, but getting shed of too much stuff felt good...another post!



Remember to drink responsibly...no one likes a drunk!

Enjoy...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts