Where we live...

I have danced around this room for over a week...now it is time for...the living room. Sometimes prissy...sometimes casual...sometimes you have several...it all depends on the house. I am constantly amazed as a Realtor when showing homes with so many rooms that are basically "sitting rooms".

Humans are creatures of habit. We typically sit in the same spot in our homes day in and day out. The other sitting areas are purely decorative (which is great). As a former decorator (I DETEST the term interior designer), I would love to sell you 10 sofas and 20 club chairs for your countless sitting rooms. But my question was always the same...where do you really sit.

Let's look at how some folks use the living room.......

Fancy!




Colorful!




Causal....ah!




And cozy!



or a place to showcase great art...



Whether you have one or 10 living rooms...make sure you make one of them a nice place to sit!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts