Problems.....


Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...

Mr. Emerson was so right on target.   Many of your know I am a Realtor....and a team leader of 7 other Realtors.  To say there are daily problems is an understatement.  A problem free day is so rare that we actually find it boring!  Sellers, buyers, and other agents can all create problems...innocent enough.  We get paid to deal with these problems in a professional and ethical manner, which we do quite well.  I have found that if both sides of a situation work towards a reasonable resolution then the problem will eventually be solved.



Only when one side or the other becomes adamant that their opinion is the only opinion can a problem not find a conclusion.  You must know when to call it a day and walk away.  This is when (as Mr. Emerson says) it is time to put it to bed and start a new day.

Last night at 10pm I was finishing a problem for a seller.  I put it to bed and this morning it is resolved.  I slept better than I have in weeks, knowing that when I started my day this issue would be done.

We must strive to begin and end each day in a serene state of mind.  Otherwise we will have the tormented mind that has driven so many over the brink...what we call "burnout".  

Start and end a problem today.  You will sleep better tonight!

Best.DT

Comments

Popular Posts