NYC or NC?

I often consider returning to the town where I "came of age"...NYC, specifically Manhattan.  If I won the lottery I would definitely buy a little place on the UES to jet in and out of for shopping and events!  As that is unlikely to happen, I will continue to call Raleigh (specifically ITB) home.



For those of us in Raleigh, ITB means that older part of the city that is circled by what we call a beltline (which is just a freeway).  Other city call it the loop or the perimeter...whatever you call it, it may as well be a river!  You see, just like Manhattan, once you "cross over" the mentality of the people tends to shift.  It is very slight and not in a snobby way, just a state of mind.


I sell homes ITB, but I also sell alot of homes in the 5 county area know nationally as "The Triangle".  For me, living inside the beltline is the only place I have ever lived in Raleigh, just as I never lived in Queens or Brooklyn.  There is nothing wrong with any of these places, but I choose to give up space for my location.  Our bungalow is very small by Raleigh standards, but would be considered HUGE in Manhattan!  So I tell myself that this is my city apartment with a fenced yard for the dog.  The best of both worlds...I think so!


We all gotta live somewhere!  I know, I find them everyday for every need....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts