Eternally optimistic!

Recently I was asked to be taped for a recruitment video being produced by the firm I work with in the real estate business.  As a person who does not enjoy being on camera, this proved to be a challenge.  The marketing lady was very nice and did her best to ask leading questions in an effort to "get to the real DT".
I am terrified to see the result!  Luckily, most of my 30 minutes will be cut down to 10 seconds or so...lost in the mix.  Whew!



What I learned about myself during the process was that despite the forces around me (economy, unemployment, lousy years of housing markets) I have remained eternally optimistic.  Why?  Because I had never been in what "the industry" now refers to as "the glory years", so I had no preconceived notions of what to expect from this endeavor.  I just knew houses and people and had a knack for putting the two together.  Success followed!

I am still opening doors five years later with a team of what will soon be 9 agents (including self). We are once again returning to a healthy market according to the folks that keep the stats.  I never really thought it was sick, maybe a sniffle here or there.

Moral here...only compete with yourself, stay positive and focused, and you will always be your own #1.

xx.DT


Comments

Popular Posts