My Favorite Things...the 2013 Update

Many of you may remember an early blog I did....my favorite things.  They have not changed.  Anything chinoiserie, Thurston and Lovey Howell, and good friends and good food.  Today I am going to add a few things to that list.  I had to have the Napoleon III key cabinet below...it hangs in my office.  Very appropriate don't you think?


I love to give things away.  From actual things (clothes, furniture, cash) it give me great joy to give things to friends or those in need.  The one way I NEVER give is when I am asked.  I like to choose when, how, and how much.  That is my choice as the giver.

I am obsessed with books.  The big pretty kind with loads of pretty pictures.  They must be first editions as well.  The operative word here is pretty.  I am running out of space for pretty.  As a matter of fact, books are beginning to invade the office!  I called my cabinet man (the best), to come and measure the office for built-ins!  There is no such thing as having too many books.  This is one of my very favorite books of all time!  If you don't have one then buy two so you can give one as a gift!

Pinterest...I admit it...I am obsessed.  Enough said.

My latest thing has been taking old jewelry and re-purposing.  I have a great local jeweler for this task.  I think I am wearing to much jewelry, but I am over 50, so who really cares.  I still collect silver cigarette boxes and accessories (even though I quit over 2 years back).  Cashmere of any description gets my card out, but I never pay retail...ever.  And my Sperry's of course...up to about 100 pair. Sick!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts