Go Natural (when you can)

I guess it is my age  (I prefer to call it a more mature attitude) that has me thinking about the Earth and what I can do to leave something besides a toxic waste dump!  I frequently post on my Just ask DT page on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/justaskdt/) natural recipes to take care of weeds, household pests, fertilizing plants naturally and the like.  It may be "da hubby" rubbing off on me as well...he is a chemist that works with grad students trying to save the world's water supply via civil engineering.  Yes...he is the smart one of the couple...every couple has to have one!



  • 1/2 cup salt
  • Liquid dish soap (any brand)
  • 1 gallon of white vinegar
  • Empty spray bottle

There are literally hundreds of websites that you can Google to get recipes like this one.  Pretty much anything you would run to the hardware store for, buy, and spray randomly and without another thought about the environment has another solution on some website. 

I admit that sometimes we have to call in the chemicals.  Some issues demand the "big guns", aka The 
Exterminator.  I have a company on retainer for our house that makes a monthly routine visit.  We live in an old neighborhood...need I say more?

So think before you spray and take a moment to do a bit of homework for the Earth friendly solution.  Worse case...you have to make a trip to the hardware store!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts