The Boxwood Obsession

I admit it...I am obsessed with boxwoods.  I am particularly in love with English Boxwood, but they only like my shady back yard and not my west facing side yard.  Even the agri-extension agent has told me to move them (or have TJ do it).  This will be the year to replace them with a more hardy variety in that spot.  This spot is just outside the kitchen door and I plant herbs in the center with a standard Gardenia in the center.









One of the things I love about my boxwoods is that they adapt so well to shaping plus the color of the new growth in the spring is my favorite shade of green.  There is nothing to compare to that first burst of new growth on a boxwood parterre.










  I love controlled nature.  Am I a control freak?  No!  Yes?  "Da Hubby" is a bit over my obsession and would like more variety, but I just crave more and more boxwoods.  He has relented and now just asks "how many this time?" 








Whether formal and clipped, traditional or modern, knotted or potted, parterre, or as a border...Boxwood is the way to go!









I am off to see my Boxwood man at the local farmer's market.  He always has the best selection and quality.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts