Occasions

Spring is here, and this year we are having a REAL SPRING in the South.  Typically we go directly into Summer and everything that goes with it....heat, humidity, and mosquitoes.  Now is the perfect weather to have a celebration!  


My personal mantra is this, unless I am tailgating I rarely entertain "in the yard".  This includes patios, terraces, decks, and anywhere there are bugs or the chance of rain spoiling my carefully orchestrated soiree. I suppose we all change with age, and I find that I have mellowed along the way...the yard it is!

If you are planning to have guests give it some effort and creativity to make it special and a bit of a surprise!  The photo above would be a prefect lunch setting for a bride or debutante, book club...you know the drill.

At night your task is to make sure that everything is properly illuminated.  That will add the sparkle!  Plus you can see what you are eating...always a good thing.

How perfect is this idea? A take on the classic box lunch...served up with great style.  Notice how important color is to the composition.  Remember, we eat with our eyes, so a simple meal can be a feast if you are creative!

Summer will be here before you can blink!  I love this idea of multi patterned and colored umbrellas for a beach party!  Imagine how much fun this would be for young and old alike.  

So amp up your skills, do your homework, put in some effort and throw a party...in the yard!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts