Real Estate is not like TV

Funny...I can always tell when a buyer or seller has been watching too much TV...especially real estate shows.  Sometimes this can be a good thing, but not always.  First of all, most of those shows are filmed in Canada, and then you have the ones in LA and NYC.  That all makes for great TV but it does not relate to your local market.  



Remember this...real estate is a local.  What applies in one market rarely applies in another, even the way contracts and closings are conducted.  The people that really crack me up are the ones that say, " I don't need a Realtor because this is my hobby."  Really?  Would you go to court for a major infraction of the law without an attorney?  I hope not.  

Moral:  Find a pro and let them guide down the tricky path that exists in your market, big or small.  You will save yourself from making costly errors and be all the better in the end.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts