The Dreamy Creamy Bedroom

You just can't beat a dreamy creamy bedroom in my opinion.  I know the "all white" looks we have seen in all the shelter magazines are all the rage at the moment....this is not what I am talking about.  A classic cream and white bedroom is not trendy, although it is always classic and forever "in style"  (a term I personally detest).


I just created (finally) in my cottage a cream and white fantasy I have been designing in my head for years.  Creamy linen drapes (with English bump and blackout) trimmed with a slightly darker shade of flat tape trim with simple valances to match came first.  Typically I do the drapes last, but that is another post.  

Next came a wall of white built-ins that took the place of an English armoire and a chest of drawers that I just could not part with (it ended up in the sunroom).  Legend has it this piece was made on the plantation by a journeyman carpenter prior to the war...that war.

  That only left the headboard and a pair of nightstands, also English with leather tops with gold tooling and tiny brass wheels and hardware (all in brass), and a pair of cream colored pottery lamps.  Then came the burlap textured wallpaper in ivory.  Fresh white paint on all trim and doors plus all new brass hardware on the built-ins and the doors. I always have maintained a white only rule for bedding!  


Next I created a master bath to match in creamy and delicious marble with a custom vanity made by the same local craftsman that made the master cabinetry.  The result is exactly what my vision statement was to the craftsmen involved from the onset.  Picture you just opened a pint of Breyer's vanilla ice cream.  Do you see the white, cream, and the dark spots of the vanilla beans?  That was my end result.  Yummy!  


Today I will share some of my favorites from my Pinterest boards.  I rarely show pics of my own home.  Maybe one day I will have it photographed and share, but my I-phone does not do it justice!


As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. What a lovely image, vanilla bean ice cream !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get more requests for this type of bedroom than any other! So restful...my own master is like this and I love it! xxdt

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts