Bucket List

I hear alot of people these day talking about their bucket list.  I assume this is a spin on some "Oprah moment" from one of her "doc of the day" shows.  Bless her heart!

My understanding is this really means that there are certain goals you wish to achieve before you "kick the bucket".  Being a person of faith my belief is that this is out of my hands, which is why I try to live every day like it may be my last.  I do set goals...some totally unrealistic...some attainable...some that require alot more time than I have to devote to them at the moment.  

Today I thought it might be fun to share with you some of my bucket list items.  I have read that when you commit something into writing it makes it more real plus it sends a message into the universe. I hope the universe reads my blog!

-  To write a book...or several. I have started one already.




-To own a "gentleman's farm"...just for a little while and definitely with a live-in caretaker with his or her own cottage of course.  I have always wanted a cow named Ethel.  I find chickens a bit scary, but love fresh eggs.  The bottom line is this...I like the wardrobe and the views, plus it would be fun to decorate!



To own a brownstone in Carnegie Hill (my favorite neighborhood in Manhattan) with a garage for my vintage 450SL and take super day trips to Millbrook and Montauk  (with picnic lunches from Zabar's)!  If there are too many of us going we will just get a car service.  My friend Jeff may want to buy a few floors to help a fella out (plus he is very handy).



-To open two more DT&CO. offices and max out at around 50 agents.  This one is a no-brainer. Office number two is in the planning stages.



-To sell the "gentleman's farm" and buy a small place on the shore in Maine for the summers.  I hate the heat and humidity of my homeland.  This is where I would love to write...you can only pick up so much washed up junk on the beach!  You will find me there from mid June until Labor day...or later depending on how the brownstone situation goes.



-To never retire, but to be able to become more of a mentor to "new to the business" agents.  The real estate business is my obsession.  I know this may not sound healthy or even sane, but it is the truth.

-To be in a position to help those who for whatever reason cannot legitimately help themselves.  I have saved this one for last, as it the most important one for me.  I have started this one already.  The key word for me is legitimately.

If I am blessed with a long enough life to get all these things done my "bucket" will be full.  If only a few of these items become reality my cup is already running over!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts