The Lesson



It may have been more than one word.  Actually it was a talk that lasted at least an hour, but certainly an hour of power!

Many of you may know that I have been trying to lose a burden...a hurt if you will.... for quite awhile.  It keeps me awake at night (hence the 5am posts on FB).  A very fine lady, a lady I have so much respect for, came into my office one day to drop off papers for a new condo client.  We know each other quite well and she could tell I was not myself.  It just so happened that on what should have been a gloriously happy day (for many reasons) that I was letting some old poison eat me up.

She was very kind and patient, and even turned off her phone.  Realtors never turn off their phones!

The lesson is this...practice your ABC's.  Simple right?  There is a twist!  With each letter you must find something you're thankful for and lift it up...to God, the universe, or whatever you decide to call it.  What goes up comes down...basic physics.  I did my ABC's on the way home, before bed, and early this morning.  I already feel lighter.  

Please take heed to this simple task.  Bitterness only eats you and not the thing or person that made you bitter to begin with.  I share this very personal moment with you to try to spread the news that we are not supposed to carry bitterness and hate in us....ever.  It will make you physically sick eventually and mentally sick immediately. 

Get well...start with A.  

As always...xx.DT


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts