Dining in the Library

Who really uses the dining room these days?  I know a few clients that actually have sit down dinners, but most use the dining table as a spot to set up a buffet for a cocktail party, baby or bridal shower, and of course Thanksgiving and end of the year Holiday meals.


 Personally, I love the idea of the dining room / library!  This is a room that I would use constantly.  As a book collector (to the extent of hoarding) this rings all my bells.  The added plus is that the decorating possibilities are endless!  The built-ins, lighting, seating, shall I go on?  
Many of you are book people like I am.  I even love the smell of a new book.  My particular passion is large scale lavishly photographed decorating  and fashion books, especially signed first editions.   Most of the public simply refers to these as "coffee table books".  I have been collecting these for over 30 years and my cottage runneth over! 
So the next time you walk past the dining room think about how to use it....really use it.  My personal opinion is that we should live in our entire house every day.  Don't you?

As always....xx.DT

Comments

  1. Very cozy and creating idea. I think it is very practical and useful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts