DT&CO....The Design Room

I call it a room, but it actually will be a 1300 square foot design facility including a small conference room for client presentations, a retail space, tons of samples (DUH), and  pretty much anything you may need for a new house to make it a home.  We will have all the latest and greatest vendors for case goods, lighting, furniture, hand picked antiques (I have a load coming from Bridgeport as I write), and offices for all the people to make it GO.  In addition, we will offer renovation services doing whole houses to a bath or kitchen, with in house samples and access to our best contractors and vendors, with our own in house project manager.



Now that the yoga studio is FINALLY moving, I have to make some hard and fast decisions on how the decoration of the space for the initial opening.  We have some surprise guests on the roster for parties (and there will be many), so it must scream chic, of the moment, classic, and very DT.  This is a tall order.  As my decorator friends know, we are all our own worst client.  



As I have written recently, I am so over the whole grey on grey on beige on taupe on 50 shades of white thing.  I am craving color, pattern, texture, luxury....luxe!  The trick...as we all know...is how to pull that off without scaring people to death!  Not everyone can handle it when I turn it on full blast! 



So now I must trust my gut and go for it.  The gut never lies, or as so many clients in the past have said, "I'll know it when I see it".

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. Crystal chandeliers, gold gilt, and rich Scalamandre fabrics never go out of style. Congrats on the design venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn Duncan CloughJanuary 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

    I could move right into the chocolate painted room with the Mario Buatta chocolate "Melanie" print chair! So pretty and timeless ! Let the greige era go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts